What are Smart Contracts ?
- A smart Contract is a program on the blockchain that lives in the contract state tree in a full node.
- A contract runs on a virtual machine.
- A contract is owned by an contract owner.
- The contract owner creates a contract through posting a create contract transaction on the chain.
- Alternatively an owner can attach a contract to an existing account through an attach contract transaction.
- The contract creation transaction register an account as a contract. (One account - one contract)
- No one will have the private key for accounts created with create contract.
- Any user can call an exported function in a contract by posting a contract call transaction on the chain.
- Contract can be written in a high level language which is compiled to the VM byte code.
How do I write them ?
Hop over to the sophia documentation and learn to write and deploy your first contract.
Use AEstudio, the free web-IDE for writing and testing smart contracts on Aeternity!